Debtors Anonymous – Dallas/Ft Worth and North Central Texas – Promises
In the Program of Debtors Anonymous, we come together to share our journey in recovering from compulsive debting. There is hope. In working D.A.’s Twelve Steps, we have developed new ways of living. When we work D.A.’s Twelve Steps and use the D.A.’s Tools, we begin to receive these gifts of the program:
- Where we once felt despair, we will experience a newfound hope.
- Clarity will replace vagueness; Confidence and intuition will replace confusion and chaos. We will live engaged lives, make decisions that best meet our needs, and become people we were meant to be.
- We will live within our means, yet our means will not define us.
- We will begin to live a prosperous life, unencumbered by fear, worry, resentment, or debt.
- We will realize that we are enough; we will value ourselves and our contributions.
- Isolation will give way to fellowship; faith will displace fear.
- We will recognize that there is enough; our resources will be generous and we will share them with others and with DA.
- We will cease to compare ourselves to others; jealousy and envy will fade.
- Acceptance and gratitude will replace regret, self-pity and longing.
- We will no longer fear the truth; we will move from hiding in denial to living in reality.
- Honesty will guide our actions toward a rich life filled with meaning and purpose.
- We will recognize a Power Greater than ourselves as the source of our abundance; We will ask for help and guidance and have faith that it will come.
All this and more are possible. When we work this program with integrity and to the best of our ability, one day at a time, a life of prosperity and serenity will be ours.
(Approved August, 2013 Annual World Service Conference. Registered D.A. groups have permission to copy this page for distribution to its members)
Copyright © 2002-2017 DFW Prosperity Intergroup of DA
Serving the Dallas, Fort Worth and
all North Central Texas Debtors Anonymous members
All Rights Reserved.