Debtors Anonymous – Dallas/Ft Worth and North Central Texas – The Twelve Traditions of DA
- Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon D. A. unity.
- For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as he may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
- The only requirement for D. A. membership is a desire to stop incurring unsecured debt.
- Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or D. A. as a whole.
- Each group has but one primary purpose – to carry its message to the debtor who still suffers.
- A D. A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the D. A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property or prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
- Every D. A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- Debtors Anonymous should remain forever nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
- D. A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create special boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
- Debtors Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the D. A. name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films.
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
page (not content) Copyright © 2002-2017 DFW Prosperity Intergroup of DA
Serving the Dallas, Fort Worth and
all North Central Texas Debtors Anonymous members
All Rights Reserved.
|Home | Meetings Schedule | Resources | News and Events | Contact Us|